Don’t let the bull catch you with Halloween candy when there are great recipes to turn to! Like sweet bread bones, for example! Ideal for Halloween and any other time of the year.
These ingredients will give you 6-8 servings. A more than adequate amount if you are going to prepare other sweets that we have prepared for you.
- 500 grams of flour
- 150 ml whole milk
- 120 ml water
- 40 ml sunflower oil
- 15 grams of yeast
- 10 grams of rice molasses
- 1 egg
Preparation of sweet bread bones
Sweet and tasty… so is the end result of following our steps to make sweet bread bones! You’ll see how hard this 90-minute work will be worth it.
- The first thing will be to make the dough. To do this, 100 ml of the water you are going to mix with 100 grams of flour (already sifted and mixed with the yeast) and start beating until a creamy and sticky dough is formed. You work the dough a little with your hands, make a ball, cover it with film paper and let it ferment until it triples in size.
- After a couple of hours it should be ready, so if you have a baker all you have to do is put, in this order, the milk, remaining water, molasses (you can use honey if you don’t have it), sunflower oil, dough and the rest of the flour. Program to knead and in an hour or so will be ready.
- Now, if you don’t have a baker, you will have to do it by hand. So mix in a bowl the milk, with the remaining water, molasses and sunflower oil. When a unique mixture has been formed, put the dough in and work with your hands so that everything integrates.
- Finally, by flirting your hands a little, you will have to add the flour. Knead until everything is well integrated and the dough has doubled in volume and has become more compact.
- Spread flour on the surface on which you are going to work, flour your hands again and start working the dough a little. Then cut it in equal parts.
- These equal parts are going to give them the shape of a bone, about 15 cm each, and let them rest for a few minutes, so that the gluten relaxes and does not retract.
- Take advantage of this and turn on the oven at 230º C (or the maximum that your oven has) and while it heats distribute the bones by a tray covered with baking paper.
- Beat the egg, and this, with the help of a brush, what you are going to do is paint the surface of the egg, so that it is well browned.
- Put in the oven, keeping the temperature, with heat up and down and make them for about 15-20 minutes. The time will depend on the quality of your oven, because it may be a little less or more, so don’t stop watching.
- When you take them out, before serving them, remember to leave them a little at room temperature, so that they warm up… and enjoy these sweet bread bones!