Instead of going to the store to buy candy to give to the kids, why aren’t you a little original and make them homemade? We’re going to give you a recipe the sea of simple: sweet eyes! It’s so simple that even a kid could make them.
There are many ways to make these eyes sweet. But the ingredients that we are going to propose you will help you to obtain eyes with an impeccable result.
- 150 grams of flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 50 grams of butter
- 115 grams of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 grams of white chocolate
- Condensed milk
- Dark chocolate chips
- Red marker for painting (or red glaze if necessary).
Preparation of sweet eyes
As a recipe, there’s no mystery to it. It can easily be done with doughnut hole, but by making the bun from scratch, you’ll make it taste great for kids.
- After turning on the oven at 180º C, you’re going to separate some ingredients into two bowls. In one bowl you pour the butter at room temperature, and in other bowls you sift the flour until it is completely filled.
- In the butter bowl, add the white sugar while beating, until you get a creamy whitish mixture. In this mixture add the egg, and again to beat until it is well integrated. Finally, the two spoonfuls of milk and beat again.
- On the other hand, in the bowl of flour you will make a hole in the center, add the cocoa powder and yeast. Stir well so that they integrate into the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the butter bowl, stirring non-stop, until all the mixture results in a pasty mixture.
- This mixture you are going to distribute it in some molds that are with form of semicircle, and that are not too big. Distribute the portions, cleaning well the edges with the spoons, and put in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the buns are well done (you will know if you prick with the stick come out clean).
- Remove the buns and leave to stand for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, you can melt the white chocolate, with a little butter if you want, in the pan or microwave.
- With the buns ready, it’s time to make the assembly. So cover half of the rolls with dulce de leche, stick to another roll and prick with a long stick. Immerse the bun in the white chocolate and let it rest on a plate. Repeat the process until all the buns are covered (filled with nocilla and dulce de leche for variety) and put them on the same plate.
- After a while, they should have the white chocolate well adhered to the sponge cake, so he paints by the eye the drawing in red of what would be the veins and places a chocolate spark, to make iris … and ready! Your sweet eyes are ready to terrify the neighborhood!